Monday, April 07, 2014

Decadent Decade Monday - Changeling Past with Anne Kane


Changeling is celebrating 10 years of great books. I'm B.J. McCall and I'll be journeying to Changeling Past and revisiting the first books of my fellow Changeling authors. You're invited to travel with me. Today the gifted Anne Kane is telling us about her first Changeling book, Stranded on Earth.


My first book with Changeling Press was also my first book to see the light of day. Or computer screen. Or e-reader. I still remember my shock when I read the acceptance email, over and over and over again. It took awhile for the fact that Changeling actually wanted me and my writing to sink it.

I got thrown into a world that I was totally unprepared for. Sure, I’d been writing and submitting for several months, but I had never considered what would happen if and when I actually landed a publishing contract. Dumb, huh? I had no website, no marketing plan and no clue how to develop one. Changeling was great though. It was a steep learning curve, but they made the leap from writer to published author almost painless.

The story was Stranded on Earth. I’ve always had a twisted sense of humor, and the thought of a future where the Earth was no longer the home of all humans, but a place they occasionally came to visit amused me. Earth, as a museum to the origin of our species seemed like the perfect place for a romance between a librarian and a soldier.  Did I mention I really have an odd sense of humor? So after a whirlwind round of edits, cover art requests, a shiny new website, and lots of promo Stranded on Earth hit the virtual book shelves.

Anne Kane


No comments:

Post a Comment