Saturday, June 11, 2011

Wicked Magic by Laney Stryker


Wicked Magic

by Laney Stryker
Cover art: Reneé George
ISBN: 978-1-60521-648-5
Genre(s): Paranormal
Theme(s): Magic
Length: Novella
http://changelingpress.com/product.php?&upt=book&ubid=1617

Blurb:
Exotic dancer by night and struggling law student by day, Kacey Bonds thinks one night with a wizard is all she needs. But sexy Nash has a secret. Will the shocking truth destroy their wicked magic?

Excerpt:
Wicked Magic
Laney Stryker
All rights reserved.
Copyright ©2011 Laney Stryker

This e-book file contains sexually explicit scenes and adult language which some may find offensive and which is not appropriate for a young audience. Changeling Press E-Books are for sale to adults, only, as defined by the laws of the country in which you made your purchase. Please store your files wisely, where they cannot be accessed by under-aged readers.

I wrapped my hands around the shiny brass pole in the middle of the stage and ground my naked body against it, over and over. The lusty-eyed animals in front of me growled and whined their approval, but I ignored them. It had taken a long time, one whole year actually, to teach myself how to mentally disconnect the real-me from the show-me.
My stage name, Blayze, suited me perfectly. I did my job well, though I didn't like it. It earned the tips I needed to pay my way through law school, and that remained the most important thing in my life at the moment.
Slowly, I scanned the audience. Mostly black or yellow eyes stared back at me, but an icy-blue pair caught my attention. To my surprise, they belonged to a handsome man who looked fully human. How he'd gotten by the gate without being noticed puzzled me, but I became excited all the same...
* * *
Someone tapped on my shoulder. Assuming it was Carl or Mack, I looked to see what they needed and found those brilliant baby blues staring back at me. The sexy human's chiseled jaw curled my toes, but I didn't let him know that.
"If Remi sees you, he'll kick your ass out." I tried to play it cool and not act infatuated by his good looks and delicious normalness.
"Remi only sees a wolf." The guy's deep voice sent electric shocks straight to my pussy, and I looked away to keep my composure. I had to ignore the overwhelming sensation between my legs because women who appear desperate are usually left that way, or so I'd always heard. Real men didn't like easy women, right?
"Why is that?" I asked without making eye contact.
"Because I'm a wizard and a private dick. People see what I want them to see and nothing more. In this club --" he glanced around, "everyone sees a wolf."
"I don't." Completely intrigued by his arrogance and choice of profession, I finally risked a glance at him. Then I turned my body slightly for a closer look. Just as I thought -- he was a dream. Broad shoulders stretched his black shirt and made my heart beat faster. My fingers itched to touch the toned muscles. Very seldom did I get the opportunity to talk to such a yummy male. In fact, my mouth actually watered as I checked him out.
"That's because you see the real me." He lowered himself onto the next seat, and I found myself wishing to be that very barstool.
Shaking the thoughts away, I concentrated on his straight teeth and perfect smile, avoiding his intoxicating eyes as well as the enticing bulge in his pants. "What can I do for you, Mr. --"
"Reed. I'm Nash Reed, PIW." He offered me his right hand.
"PIW?" We shook hands.
"Private Investigating Wizard."
"Oh." I'd never heard of that before, but I liked it if it meant he was established and important. "It's nice to meet you. I go by Blayze. You're the first wizard I've encountered." My drink sat in front of me, and I hadn't noticed when Romeo set it there. He stood at the opposite end of the bar, so I must've been in PIW-land. I took a long sip, then returned the glass back to the cardboard coaster. "So, what brings you to the armpit of the world?"
He laughed for the first time, and it sounded genuine. "A case I'm working on."
My curiosity got the best of me. "What's the case about?"
"Now, I can't tell you that. It would break the client/wizard confidentiality rule."
"Oh. So, um, how old are you?" Though it didn't matter, I wanted to know.
Nash never blinked at the random question. "Thirty-two."
I nodded. That confirmed my suspicions of our closeness in age. He was only two years older than me. Our knees touched, and he quickly moved his away, which made me pout. "Are you married?" Maybe that was his problem.
"Nope."
"Got a girlfriend?"
"Nope again."
"How about a boyfriend?"
"I don't swing that way."
Hm. I studied his handsome face. "So, you don't find me attractive?"
"Of course I do. You're drop-dead gorgeous."
"Then what's the problem? I'm a girl, you're a guy. I've got needs, and surely you do too."
"I don't mix business with pleasure, Blayze." The gleam in his eyes had an essence of lust, which flattered me. "Otherwise, I'd have bent you over this bar and had my way with you already."
My jaw dropped. For some reason, I hadn't expected an answer that cocky from Mr. Business Professional, PIW, though I probably should've. His remark left me speechless for a sec, and if I'd had any modesty left, he would've made me blush. Right then it became my sole mission in life to get Mr. BP, PIW, out of his skivvies and do wicked things to him. "Are you from around here?"
"Not exactly."
What the hell did that mean? "How long will you be in town?" I finished off my drink and crunched on a piece of ice.
"As long as it takes..."

http://changelingpress.com/product.php?&upt=book&ubid=1617

No comments:

Post a Comment