Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Tall, Dark, and Hairy

As a new writer at Changeling, I am so excited to connect with other people who like their characters a bit on the wild side. A lot of readers love a chest off which you could bounce a quarter, but it takes a special kind of reader who likes that chest to belong to something that morphs into a jaguar, or features glowing black alien eyes...

How do you like your heroes? I like big demons with long hair, wicked wolves who nip and kiss. I want  mutant species, cryptids, webbed fingers and flicking tails. Amazonian women who eat men for breakfast (take that any way you like) make my day. And I love that prickle of fear from someone dangerous, someone who could bring both pleasure and pain, delight and death, with a fine line in between.

Of course, I'm open to much, much more. That's where you come in. How about sharing a hot hero or heroine of your own? In your favorite fantasy, with what kind of person (or creature) would you share your night? Maybe it's someone you've already met, or read about here at Changeling; maybe it's a being you'd love to read or write about someday.

Feel free to howl while posting...

2 comments:

  1. I like tortured souls, whether it's a 300-yr-old vampire, or a recently-turned werewolf, or a Greek God exiled on Earth, if he's torn up about the harm he has caused and on the verge of throwing in the towel and turning evil, then he's delicious. The heroine will see the goodness in him, even when he seems dangerous, and will save him in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, good heroes! Me too. I loved Remus Lupin in the Harry Potter series; I would have read a whole series about him! And don't we all want to save the bad boy? ;)

    ReplyDelete