Monday, June 16, 2014

Decadent Decade Monday - A Changeling Wedding - Livia and Byrne




Changeling Press is celebrating a decade of great erotic romance. I’m B.J. McCall and the month of June always puts me in the wedding mood. You’re invited to attend the dragon bonding of Livia and Bryne from Dragonfire: Covenant. Quiet, things are about to get hot.


Arm in arm, her parents exited the tent. Livia followed. She looked across the expanse of manicured lawn. The flaps of the gold tent were still closed. Fear rose, burning Livia’s throat. She was halfway to the arch when the golden flaps were flung open.

Unsmiling, Byrne’s parents walked toward the arch. Then Byrne appeared, his green scales flashing in the late afternoon sun. His gaze met hers and his head reared high. Smoke poured from his nostrils and a murmur rippled through the crowd.

Forgoing the traditional embrace, their parents took their places, the Tregarons on the left and the Hazacs on the right. Livia met Byrne in the middle. By tradition, the bonding couple would touch horns, then stand beneath the arch. But Byrne didn’t lower his head. His green eyes were bright and his fierce look gave way to confusion. “Via? What’s going on?”

“Livia Hazac. I think we’re about to be bonded.”

“You and me?” Scales flashing, his eyes hardened. “Did you know? Last night, did you know?”

“Yes. I knew you’d gone to Draakun Bay to party. I followed you.”

He snorted smoke and stuck his face right in hers. “Why the fuck didn’t you tell me?”

Byrne was twitching with anger, snorting smoke, and his tail was thumping on the ground, tearing up clumps of grass.

Dragon’s teeth. Just what she needed, a mate with a temper. “And ruin your last night of freedom? What did you do on the eve of our bonding?” Livia fought to control her own temper. “You spent the night fucking your brains out with a stranger.”

Sparks flew from his mouth. “I was fucking you!”

Everyone in the next county must have heard him, but Livia was beyond caring. “You didn’t know it was me. You didn’t want a Hazac for a mate,” she said, spitting fire right back at him. “I wasn’t good enough for you. Don’t deny it.”

“I didn’t know you. My father and grandfather struck a deal without telling me. I was angry.”

“So was I. Do you think I was given a choice?”

His voice dropped to a low roar. “You don’t want me for your mate?”

“I don’t like being forced any more than you do,” Livia said, sparks still flying. “I don’t want to ruin your life. I love you, but just like you, I have plans. I have dreams.”

Smoke streaming from his nostrils, Byrne lowered his head and looked her in the eyes. “Do they include dragon sex, Via?”

“What?”

“We’ve already bent the rules. I love you, Via. I want to have dragon sex with you for the rest of my life. Real dragon fire.”

He loved her.

The priest’s roar interrupted their conversation. “Are we doing this or not?”

“Let’s do this.”

Byrne and Livia bumped horns, then Livia gave him a lick along the bridge of his nose, leaving a shimmering green wake in its path.

“You have a sinful tongue, Via.”

Covenant is the fourth book of my Dragonfire series.


Covenant is available from Changeling Press, Amazon, ARe and B&N










No comments:

Post a Comment