Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Tasty Tuesday Reuben Sandwich

Tasty Tuesday  Rueben Sandwiches

I love Rueben sandwiches and often make them for lunch. You can pile on the ingredients and make the sandwiches nice and thick. I usually make three sandwiches at a time, one for me and two for my hubby.

6 slices of Rye bread (I love dark, but there is also light and marbled)
Pastrami    (deli sliced)
Sauerkraut  (I prefer deli-style sauerkraut in the glass jar)
Mustard  (choose your favorite)
Swiss Cheese (sliced)
Dill pickle spears.

Heat the sauerkraut on the stovetop or in the microwave.
Butter the slices of bread and put three in a frying pan (medium heat)
Layer cheese on bread.
Spoon layer of hot sauerkraut onto the cheese.
Add mustard here, right on the sauerkraut.
Layer of pastrami  -as much as you like
Add another layer of cheese.
Top with the remaining buttered slice of rye bread and flip the sandwiches over.
Toast the bread and let the cheese melt.
Garnish with the dill pickles.


Enjoy
BJ McCall 

No comments:

Post a Comment