Saturday, June 15, 2013

The Saturday Book Diver Interviews Jack Brannard from Terms of Payment by Sarah Barimen

Good morning! Welcome to the Saturday Book Diver!

Today we’re talking to Jack Brannard, demon in training. The book diver magic has whisked me to Jack’s office on the top floor of a skyscraper. The large windows offer a breathtaking view of the city, but the demon before me is even more pleasing to the eye.

Seated in a leather chair behind his mahogany desk, Jack studies me with gorgeous brown eyes that seem to glow with a strange inner light. He’s quite handsome with cropped brown hair, cheekbones a model would envy and a lithe, slender body accentuated by his custom made suite.

Despite my host’s charming expression and stunning good looks, I’m on my proverbial toes. I’ve been warned that Jack is out to collect souls and if I’m not careful, even the book diver magic won’t be able to save me.

SBD: Jack, thank you for taking the time to talk to me. I know you have a tight schedule, so I’ll get right down to business. Why did you make a deal with the devil?

Jack: I wasn’t using my soul. Hardly anyone in the City does. I’m sure you understand how that happens, what with all the hustling to get ahead. I saw a chance to fly high and far. Of course I took it.” He smiles secretively. “I didn’t understand how the payments were going to be taken, but I’ve never regretted a moment. Not once.” He chuckles and waggles his eyebrows. “Well maybe the first time. But I got over it.”

SBD: How many souls must you collect to pay your debt?

Jack: I fear you’ve misunderstood how it works. My debt is already paid in full, taken in a series of small payments until it was gone. Now I’m employed as a collector. I take from those whose debt is not paid up.

SBD:  I understand that a demon named Darius was the collector assigned to you. Tell us about him.

Jack: Mmmn. Oh, God, where do I start? Tall, lean, handsome. He wears a suit like it was invented just for him. He smells like the most expensive cologne you’ve ever imagined, and to be honest, I’m not sure he wears any.” He rolls his shoulders back. “When he’s a man, he’s insatiable and dominant, and yet perfectly willing to let me top him.” He flashes a brilliant smile. “I can hardly complain.

SBD: It sounds like he’s a hard demon to resist. What’s Darius’ sexiest characteristic?
Jack:  At any moment, he might change into his taking-form, the great winged gargoyle. He can’t take my soul anymore, since I don’t have one, but he can take me.” He shudders. “Teeth and claws. And he never hurts me. Much.

SBD: Would you share one of your favorite excerpts from Terms of Payment?

You’ve heard of blowjobs in the car, right? In the typical fantasy, usually, the man is driving at the time, yet he somehow manages to ride the wave to heaven while simultaneously not crashing, swerving, or drawing the attention of concerned citizens and state patrol officers, right? Let me tell you something: I’d have crashed if my car hadn’t already been parked nose-in to a brick wall. I’d never even dreamed -- I keep saying that, don’t I? -- of having a man blow me in the seat of a Jaguar or anywhere else, and the fact that after the first few strokes of his tongue he wasn’t even a man, and a fist-sized wing knuckle hung over my head while the front windshield was pretty much obliterated by his other wing, really doesn’t change anything.

I’ll tell you this much for nothing: if I hadn’t already sold my soul, I’d have done it in a heartbeat for head that amazing, and it just went on and on. His tongue swirled and massaged along the underside of my shaft and nudged the base of the head in ways that made me levitate out of my Corinthian leather seat. My hips began to jerk and my breathing turned ragged, and by the time I realized that the light scraping I felt against my cock wasn’t coming from human teeth, it was much too late for me to give a damn. And the closer I came to heaven, as the saying goes, the more fragments of my soul he scraped away, layer by layer. I didn’t care. I felt every one, as I felt his fingers wend their way where I’d have sworn fabric impeded. He found my balls and rolled them gently, and then he hummed low in his throat. Bass vibrato, bay-bee, and oh, my God, what felt like every nerve in my body took a temporary leave of absence and moved south to take advantage of the thrumming. I tried to put my hands on top of his head so I could have some leverage, but he growled in a way that was definitely nothing like the hum, so I put my hands on top of my own head instead, fingers clenched in my hair.

My eyes wouldn’t stay open, but I wanted to watch his head moving, to tie every movement to a sensation, to see me slide in and out --

I heard myself say, between one gasp and another, “I’m gonna come!” though I don’t know if it was in warning or exultation. His mouth ground down around my cock, engulfing me with wet heat and sweet, agonizing pressure. My flayed soul bled, and I came, screaming, fists clenched and trying not to touch him. I came and came, and he swallowed me up.

That was scorching!

I feel the book diver magic calling me, so I don’t have much more time in this world. Jack’s story has intrigued me and I’m more curious than ever about Darius. If you are too, check out


No comments:

Post a Comment