Saturday, June 22, 2013

The Saturday Book Diver Interviews Kaeden from Private Skirmish by Anne Kane

Hello and welcome to the Saturday Book Diver.

Although I’m here on another planet in the fictional world of the Mercenaries series, when I look at my interviewee, I almost feel as if I'm in the Viking age. Kaeden is a big, blond hunky warrior.

We're sitting in the Shotgun Bar and I have to admit, if I wasn't in Kaeden's company, I'd be a bit concerned. The bar is filled with rough-looking characters.

The barmaid brings our drinks and the interview begins.

SBD:  I understand you recently made an amazing purchase at the local auction. Would you tell us about her?

Kaeden: Yes, dumb as it sounds I actually had to buy the love of my life after she ran off and left me. Dee and I had been together for a few years, and I thought we were getting along pretty good. Frankly, I would have married her if she’d been willing and us merc's aren't usually the marrying kind. Then she just up and took off without any warning. I tried to give her some space, let her come back on her own, you know? But when I found out she’d been arrested and would be up for auction, I figured it was time to interfere. There’s no way another man was going to lay his hands on my woman.

It sounds like this is going to be an exciting story. I can't wait to hear more.

SBD: So you and Dee have a past? Since you bought her, you must have hope for a future as well?

Kaeden: [Crooked grin on his face.] Hell yeah! She’s mine and she knows it. I might have let her get away once, but that’s it. From here on in, she’s not going anywhere without me. If I have to, I will invoke the ownership thing to keep her by my side.

SBD: Describe Dee in three words.

Kaeden: Sexy, independent and frustrating!

SBD: What's the sexiest thing about Dee?

Kaeden: Oh, that’s a hard one. Let me think.  Hmmmm. You know she’s got a body that makes me go hard the minute she walks into the room but that’s not really it. I think the sexiest thing about her is her attitude. She is one damn fine woman, and she knows it and she expects to be treated right. Yup. Definitely the attitude.

SBD: Do you think you and your band of mercenaries will succeed in reuniting Dee with her sister? How dangerous will this be?

Kaeden: It’s important to Dee so of course we’ll succeed. I’m sure as hell not going to be the one to tell her she’s not going to see her little sister again. It’s going to be dangerous, though. Not going to lie. Those guys are almost as tough as we are, and they aren't going to want to give her up.

SBD: Would you share one of your favorite excerpts from Private Skirmish?

Kaeden: Sure

EXCERPT:

“Is this really necessary? I feel like I’m naked, and that’s not very reassuring when we’re heading out on a mission.” Dee frowned at her reflection in the mirror.

Kaeden felt the corner of his mouth twitch with the effort not to grin as he admired the way the synthetic material clung to her slender form. She was right. The tight material made her slender figure look even more tempting than if she were totally unclothed. There was something to be said about leaving a little bit to the imagination. Right now he could imagine how the soft mounds of her breasts would feel beneath his hands.

His cock swelled behind the restricting material of his jeans, and he gave an inward sigh. It felt like he’d been walking about with a massive hard-on ever since he’d seen her picture up on that auction site. It didn't matter how many times they’d had sex in the past week, he still wanted her with the unbridled enthusiasm of a teenager with his first crush.

Walking up behind her, he wrapped his arms around her waist and nuzzled the soft skin of her neck. “You know it is. These guys don’t see women as anything other than entertainment or broodmares. If you want to come with us you have to look like you belong to the team, and I mean that literally. The target will underestimate you if you look like just another slave girl.”

Dee sighed heavily, leaning back against him and causing his cock to jump eagerly. “I know. I just don’t like it.”

Kaeden nibbled the skin of her neck, just where it disappeared under the bright blue material. “You keep rubbing against me like that, I’ll take this damn suit off myself.”

Dee turned in the circle of his arms and ran one hand down his chest to the waistband of his pants. “You know it’s going to take Jackson a bit of time to get the equipment on the Hummer tuned into the all province system. I bet we have enough time for me to take care of this pesky little problem for you.” She fondled the growing lump through the tough material of his pants, and the curve of her lip was sheer seductive magic.

Kaeden raised his eyebrows. “Little problem? I hardly think that qualifies as little or a problem. I seem to recall you being quite happy with the results last night.”

Dee grinned. “Perhaps I've underestimated the issue. Let’s take a look.” She quickly unzipped his pants, and squatted to skim them and his shorts down over his hips.
Kaeden groaned as his cock sprang free. The woman had no scruples, but damn that felt good!

Dee sank back on her knees, tracing a line down his aching shaft from the tip to the tangle of curls at the base. “You have no idea how much I've missed this.”

He begged to differ. He couldn't begin to count the number of nights he’d tossed and turned, unable to sleep without her warm presence by his side. When he had managed to close his eyes, the nightmares had haunted him. Dreams of her being hurt, hunted, abused by the multitudes of monsters that haunted their post-apocalyptic world. Not knowing where she was had been pure torture. She was his whole world, even though he’d never admitted it to her, and he’d failed to keep her safely at his side.

He wasn't about to let that happen again. He would do whatever it took to make sure she stayed with him. If she needed to go rescue her sister, the team would make sure that happened. “You might have to take that suit off after all.” He tugged the material down over her shoulders.

Without a word, Dee stood and shrugged out of the outfit with a sensual grace that sent his lust spiralling even higher. The soft smile that curved her lips let him know that she knew the effect the sight of her naked body had on him.

Dropping back to her knees, she gently cupped his balls, squeezing the sensitive sac gently. Tongues of liquid heat roared through him. He closed his eyes, winding his fingers in her long hair as waves of lust swept him up. Peeking up at him from under her lashes, Dee wrapped her lips around the head of his cock, her tongue tracing the slit in the center.

Passion flared between them, raw and hot. It had always been this way. Out of control. Flaring instantly at a glance, a touch. She slid her tongue along the bulging vein that ran the length of his cock, and then slid the head into her mouth and began to suck.

Kaeden growled low in his throat, not even trying to control his reactions as he rocked his hips, fucking her face while she worked her way up and down his stiff shaft. This is what mattered. Him. Her. Them

I think I need an ice bath after that one!

Despite the peril surrounding Kaeden and Dee, I’m reluctant to leave this world without finding out how their story turns out. If you’re curious too, check out



No comments:

Post a Comment