Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Tasty Tuesday - Easy Spiderweb Cheesecake by Anne Kane

Actually, I don't cook. That's what I keep the Cabana Boys around for, but I still have to collect the recipes. BTW - ever wonder whether a Cabana Boy wears an apron while cooking? I think I'll let you keep wondering :) Now I'd better go take a picture of the finished product so I can post it in here, and so I can eat it! Yummy!



Easy Spider Web Cheesecake

 

Ingredients:

 

1 pkg unflavored gelatin (about 24 ox)

¼-cup cold water

2 – 8 ounce pkgs of cream cheese – (I use low fat)

½-cup sugar

½ cup whipping cream (makes up for the low fat cheese!)

1 tsp vanilla extract

1 9 inch chocolate graham wafer crumb crust

2 squares semisweet bakers chocolate or ¼ cup chocolate chips

1 table spoon butter or margarine

 

In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over the water and let stand for a minute, then heat and stir until dissolved. Remove from stove and cool slightly. In a medium mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Gradually beat in the cream, vanilla and gelatin until smooth. Pour into crust.

 

Melt the chocolate and butter in the microwave, and stir until smooth. Put in a Ziploc bag and cut a small hole in one corner. Pipe a circle of chocolate about an inch wide int he centre of the cake. Then pipe increasingly large circles around it about half an inch apart until you have six or seven circles. Take a toothpick and draw it through the circles from the centre to the outer edge. Wipe it clean, and repeat until you have a web pattern on the top. Cover and refrigerate for several hours, or until firm.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment