Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Tasty Tuesday - Pat's Tasty Rasin Cake

Before I got married, I wasn't much of a cook, but I loved to eat. I am also a picky eater. So I asked friends and relatives to write down for me the recipes of things they prepared that I liked so I could learn to prepare them. It's something I still do. Here's a favorite called Tasty Rasin Cake:
RAISIN CAKE
1 cup of raisins
2/3/cup hot coffee
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Pour into bowl and let stand.

In another bowl cream until well blended
2/3 cup Crisco
2 eggs
1 cup sugar

In a separate bowl sift together
1 and 1/2 cups of flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

Combine egg mixture with flour, stir, then stir in raisins and coffee mixture.
When mixed well, pour into a square pan and bake at 350 degrees until it tests done. (App. 30 minutes)

No icing is necessary, but if company was coming we made a glaze by thinning out confectioners sugar with a little milk then we poured it over the hot cake.
Pat Sager
Copy Editor
Razor’s Edge Press

No comments:

Post a Comment