Sunday, October 20, 2013

Why demon hunters?

Hey, y'all!

Sorry I've been out of touch for so long. My dad was really ill, and it seems like years now, but it's only been two weeks since he passed. I'm so glad to be able to get my @#$% together and get back to some writing and fun stuff!

Anyway, lots of folks have asked me about my Keeping Score series, wanting to know why I like to write demon hunters. I have an answer for that, and it has nothing to do with trends or big 6 publishers or even that I really like being able to explore different kinds of demons.

It goes back to gaming when I was just out of college. We were running an unnamed vamp type game, and all of the characters were so godlike that as the game master, I scrapped it and told my players they were now human vampire hunters in the middle ages.

Oh my gosh it was fun!

The hunters were so much more interesting because they were just these ordinary folks in extraordinary situations. I could relate to them so much better than vampires and demons, because they were given only the same weapons I could use.

That's the idea behind Keeping Score, my series about demon hunters. Book one and two are up now, and book three will come out in November. Check them out!

XXOO

Julia Talbot

www.juliatalbot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment