Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Tasty Tuesday - Roasted Chicken

I'm a sucker for chicken. Love it, love it, love it. I grew up BBQing it on a charcoal grill with my dad, and that will always been my favorite method. However, I finally came up with a recipe for the perfect oven-roasted chicken. It's always a huge hit in my house, and my oldest frequently requests it. Enjoy!

Oven-Roasted Chicken

Ingredients:
chicken leg quarters (I usually do 4, but it really depends on pan size)
olive oil cooking spray (for the pan/dish)
Nature's Seasonings
thyme
rosemary
olive oil (for brushing)
Directions:
Spray pan with the olive oil spray to avoid sticking. Preheat oven to 450. Then switch to broil.
Pat chicken dry (this ensures a crispy skin) and brush both sides with olive oil. Place skin side up, sprinkle with rosemary, Nature's Seasonings, and thyme. Broil for 1 1/4 hours, check temp before removing.

No comments:

Post a Comment