Saturday, June 29, 2013

The Saturday Book Diver Interviews Canna from Hard as a Rock by Sara Jay

Good morning! Welcome to the Saturday Book Diver!

Since I interview fictional characters, many of them are unusual. Today I have a particularly unique interviewee. Canna is a lovely green fairy with a problem. She has fallen in love with a gargoyle, the one we’re looking at right now from where we stand in the human sex club on this futuristic world.

SBD: Canna, thank you for talking to us. What made you fall in love with a gargoyle?

Canna: [Sighs] Just look at him! Who wouldn’t want to be his mate? His face, his body… It’s like he was built just for me. I like to play with all of the humans here. They’re so much fun! But my gargoyle is the one I like to play with best.

The Gargoyle is hot looking. I can see the attraction.

SBD: Do you have any way of communicating with him, even though he’s inanimate?

Canna: Of course not, he’s not real… [Pauses] Wait, do you know something I don’t know?

SBD: I don’t think so. The book diver magic doesn’t always give me a lot of insight until I talk to the characters. What do some of your fantasies about the gargoyle  include?

Canna: Oh, I’ve done just about anything you can do to him already! [Winks] My fantasy is that one day he’ll come to life and take me the way I’ve taken him so many times. He’ll claim me and make me his, forever, making love to me in the night sky against the moon and stars… [Laughs] But I know that will never happen.

SBD: Do you feel there might be magic at work here? That maybe this gargoyle is more than what he seems to be?

Canna: Oh, yes. I mean, he’s obviously just a statue, but he looks SO real! It feels like he can see me, feel me, but I know better.

SBD: Would you share one of your favorite excerpts from Hot as a Rock?

Her obsidian god stared back at her.
She shrank back down to human size and sighed.
The creature wasn’t real, of course. In fact, its purpose was mainly aesthetic. Few people climbed onto the fierce gargoyle guarding the doorway into the rest of the club. Canna certainly didn’t mind; it made him all the more her property.
Seven feet of black volcanic rock loomed over patrons’ heads. His mouth pulled back in a menacing growl, only partly open. Long black hair draped down his back as shiny and lifelike as any centaur’s. His half-extended wings nearly touched the floor. They flanked a trunk bulging with muscle and strength, scarred with streaks that must have been from being moved around over the years. Had he been a real gargoyle, the sculpture would undoubtedly lead his pride as an alpha.
His cock stood out and slightly upward from his body, shining with a black gleam. Longer than her arm, it had taken some getting used to even in her fairy form. Why bother magically stretching to accommodate such girth when the fill of it was so delicious, anyway?
She called him Goliath, like the giant brought down by a rock as solid as he was. As with every statue and machine in the Pleasure Club, he was warm and life-like to the touch. In previous centuries, his stature would crack beneath such use. Current standards for precious stones dictated chemical treatment for lasting durability.
That durability guaranteed her play toy a life nearly as endless as her own.
He often cooled in the daytime hours, however, which Canna attributed to lack of power. Some exhibits simply warranted less electricity due to their infrequent use. His volcanic glass could also be to blame. Had he been real, his stone body would cool during the day as well.
“My rock-hard giant,” she murmured, running her glittery green fingernails up his enormous bicep. Curling herself into his form playfully, she marveled at how their bodies practically glowed against one another. Her bare, sea foam skin and emerald hair sharply contrasted against his iron-like sheen.
Twirling back out to face him, her grass-green eyes sparkled up at his stone irises. His eyes bore back into hers, their inky depths casting dual black holes for her to fall into. The pupils had been etched quite realistically, with swirls of varying shades of ebony. Not for the first time, she sensed wild life within them.
For a second, he felt really alive, really there to take her and mark her as his Mate, forever. Hand still on his arm, she fluttered up toward his mouth, eyes never leaving his, as if pulled by his magnetic ore. Her lips grazed his open mouth, tongue sliding over his teeth and body quivering.

Intriguing!

As I leave Canna’s world, I can’t help feeling sorry for her and hoping that through some kind of magic, she and her gorgeous gargoyle might be united after all. If you’d like to find out what happens too, check out


No comments:

Post a Comment