Monday, March 31, 2014

Decadent Decade Monday - Changeling Past with Ayla Ruse



Changeling is celebrating 10 years of great books. I'm B.J. McCall and I'll be journeying to Changeling Past and revisiting the first books of my fellow Changeling authors. You're invited to travel with me. Today the amazing Ayla Ruse is telling us about her first Changeling book, Soulless.


SOULLESS was my first futuristic erotic romance, and the story had been circling in my head for years before I spent one sleepless weekend working it out on paper. With trepidation, I submitted the story to Changeling, biting my nails to the quick the whole time my story was “out there.” Don’t ask me how I missed this, but when I submitted my story, Changeling was running a contest, and SOULLESS became part of this glorious event.
After several weeks, I received an email that changed how I viewed futuristic and paranormal romance. My story (which became the first in the Malathix trilogy) finaled in the Shamrock Challenge Contest for 2011! As a new writer, I cannot begin to tell you how thrilling this news came to me.
Now, nearly three years later, I’ve not regretted a single moment with Changeling, and I look forward to many more exciting adventures with this outstanding publisher!
Happy Ten Year Anniversary, Changeling Press!!
Ayla Ruse




No comments:

Post a Comment