Saturday, February 21, 2009

Games of Chance by L Shannon






Games of Chance
by L. Shannon


cover art by ReneƩ George
ISBN (13): 978-1-60521-174-9
Genre(s): Paranormal, Dark Fantasy, BDSM
Theme(s): Gay and Lesbian
Series: Chance
Length: Novella






Blurb:


What does a demon give his mortal lover for their one-year anniversary?
Chance knows exactly what Josh wants -- his former lover, Brandon. The three can be happy together, but only if Brandon is willing to share… All Chance has to do is push Brandon to the limits -- and prove he’s worth the risk.
The perfect gift. That’s what Chance needs. And in this case that elusive item would be a silly, reluctant mortal gift-wrapped with a big bow.
This title is fourth in the Chance series, preceded by A Snowball's Chance, Second Chance, and Another Chance. Chance of a Lifetime follows this installment.

Excerpt:

This e-book file contains sexually explicit scenes and adult language which some may find offensive and which is not appropriate for a young audience. Changeling Press E-Books are for sale to adults, only, as defined by the laws of the country in which you made your purchase. Please store your files wisely, where they cannot be accessed by under-aged readers.

Brandon tossed his keys and cell phone into a bowl by the door and turned. He jerked upright at the sight of Chance lounging against his kitchenette counter. “What are you doing here?”
Chance smiled. “I’m drinking your beer.” He raised the bottle as if in toast.
“On second thought I don’t care why you’re here. Get out.” Brandon shrugged out of his coat and hung it up. “Don’t you have to be invited in or something?”
“That’s vampires.”
“So spawn of the devil can walk in anytime? Nice.”
“I’m not sure about the other spawn, but I can come and go as I please.”
“Whatever.” Brandon glanced toward the fridge but didn’t move any closer. “I wish it would please you to get the hell out.”
The demon snagged another beer from the fridge and slid it to toward Brandon. “It doesn’t. At least not yet.”
Brandon hesitated, then picked up the bottle, opening it with a quick twist. “Then deliver whatever threat you’ve come to say and then leave me the fuck alone.”
“Threat? You assume I’ve come here to threaten you?”
Brandon flinched at the demon’s angry snarl. “Since you haven’t tried to kill me, I’m assuming you’ve come to threaten to do so.”
The demon stalked across the room toward Brandon, his dancing flames shifted colors going from pale gold to dark red and back in waves. “You need to lose the attitude and get something straight, mortal. I have done nothing to you, and I came here in good faith.”
Brandon wanted to run, but damn it, this was his apartment. Holding his ground became harder and harder as the demon approached and the air warmed around him. “Nothing you do will change the past I had with Josh.” That had to be why the demon was here. That little scene with Josh at the cabin had shown just how important their now dead relationship had been before Chance forced his way into Josh’s life. He backed away, but not fast enough.
It caught him by the arms and anchored him in place, looking him in the face. “I’m not here to kill you, or even threaten you.”
“Right…” As if he could trust the word of a demon. But if it wasn’t lying, then why was it here? “What do you want?”
The demon released him as suddenly as it had advanced. Its oddly entrancing flames shrank until they were little more than swirls of color dancing over the creature’s bare chest. “I want Josh to be happy, and apparently that requires you.”
“Huh?” Shocked, Brandon stared at the creature. What did it mean? It sounded almost as if… but no, why would it offer him the opportunity to fix things with Josh? He swallowed down a lump of emotion. “I… Yes, I want Josh to be happy too.”
“I thought as much.”
“Does that mean you’ll leave him alone?”
“Fuck no. I need him too much.” The thing paced back and forth next to the kitchen counter. “I won’t give him up. He wouldn’t want that anyway.”
“How do you know what he wants?”
“Unlike some selfish bastards, I asked him.” It pushed the glowing hair back from its face -- its unnaturally handsome face. “But I’m here about you and Josh. I know how you feel about him. I know how he feels about you.”
“But you still won’t get out of our lives.”
“No, I won’t.”
“If you intend to intrude no matter what, why are you here?”
It gave a long suffering sigh. “I won’t give him up, but I might consider sharing… on one condition.”




No comments:

Post a Comment