Saturday, February 14, 2009

Anthology-- Masquerade









Cover art by ReneƩ George
ISBN (13): 978-1-60521-168-8
Genre(s): Paranormal, Dark Fantasy
Length: Collection





Blurb:
Seven pieces of Carnival magic, from seven of our favorite Changelings.

N’Wahlns Cravings by Camille Anthony

The decadent smell of chocolate oozed out the door… only a woman would name her shoppe Cravings. Whimsical. Sexy.
What the sync? I never think like that. Certainly, never in conjuncture with Humans. But New Orleans has a long history of dealing with the unusual.

Midnight at Montgomery’s by Ann Vremont

The final night of Carnival in Mobile. Power building, like a bad storm coming up off the Gulf. Something’s on the other side of the door. What’s it to be this time -- silver bullets… crucifix… or sex?

Cajun Heat by Anne Kane

Shaken by her boyfriend’s betrayal, Stacey dons a mask and goes to Mardi Gras party, determined to seduce a gorgeous hunk and prove to herself that she’s just as desirable as she’s always been. A night of fantastic sex with a masked stranger should do the trick…

Candle Magick by Leila Brown

Selene Houston is a woman on a mission. It's the middle of Madri Gras and she’s finally figured out that her ex-lover Gabriel was the one who stole her personal voodoo doll. A doll made by her grandma and a true object of power, she'll do almost anything to get it back.
Gabriel wants his ex back. She’s a voodoo priestess with more power than he can ever hope to obtain, but he'll do whatever it takes to show her they belong together.

Jimmy the Dog by Belinda McBride

On Mardi Gras night, Erin goes looking for her philandering boyfriend. Instead she finds something rare and precious, something she lost long ago: Jonelle.

Voudou Queen by Alecia Monaco

Purple, green, and gold -- the colors of Mardi Gras, the colors of Magic. Offerings left by those who seek the spirit of a long dead priestess -- Voudou’s most infamous queen -- for help with an impossible wish.

Hot Vixen by Dawn Montgomery

Gracie's in heat. A night on the town in celebration of Mardi Gras has brought out the Reynards, Josh and Steven, two wicked foxes determined to seduce the vixen. If she has her way, they'll be eating out of her hand in no time. Little does she know they intend to be doing far more than that...
Excerpt:


This e-book file contains sexually explicit scenes and adult language which some may find offensive and which is not appropriate for a young audience. Changeling Press E-Books are for sale to adults, only, as defined by the laws of the country in which you made your purchase. Please store your files wisely, where they cannot be accessed by under-aged readers.

Dimly, I heard a swishing and then a perky voice said, “Welcome to Cravings, where we satisfy. Did you say something about five hundred pens? We don’t have those kinds of molds here, but I do have an order of…” The voice paused. I’m guessing this was when she noticed me bent over in agony. “Heavens, are you all right? Should I call a mediflitter?” Alarm froze her features as she looked at the disarray of platters. “Was it the samples?”
Her soft Earth-accented voice washed over me, negating the pain. Cautiously, stiff from the suffering, I eased into an upright position, tearing eyes locking on -- Oh, Adrona singing! -- my mate!
I shook my head, still unable to speak.
It hadn’t been the scent of chocolate doubling me over. It was inhaling the pheromones of my biological and spiritual match. The pain had been my body realigning itself, coming into synchronous alignment with the one female destined to complete me. And I, her. Shocked, mouth agape, I stared at a vision of… Humanness. Not exactly what I’d been raised to expect, yet I found her differences enticing.
Short compared to me, lushly curved and brown all over -- not a color naturally occurring among my people, her brown hair was a shiny nimbus of soft curls about her dark face. Lively deep brown eyes sat above a flaring nose and thick lips shining a deep, sleek brown. Brother of Winds, I wanted to bite that lower, pouty cushion, sink my forefangs right into it. And… ah, her breasts!
She probably thought them primly hidden beneath her blouse, but my visual range encompasses the infrared, and the full rounded bounty of flesh, the two meaty little nipples standing so sweetly at attention were fully visible to me. I wanted to eat her up.

http://www.changelingpress.com/product.php?&upt=book&ubid=1087

No comments:

Post a Comment