Sunday, November 22, 2009

Horsfall 3: As the Crow Flies by Jade Buchanan





Horsfall 3: As the Crow Flies
by Jade Buchanan


Cover art by Bryan Keller
ISBN: 978-1-60521-275-3
Genre(s): Paranormal
Theme(s): Ménage, Shapeshifters, Gay and Lesbian
Series: Horsfall
Length: Novella



Blurb:

Shire horse shapeshifters Bayard and Marshall Stoddard have never been happier. They have a man they both love in safety consultant Oliver Philip, and the common enemy that brought the three together has finally left them alone. Or so they thought...

When Oliver travels to the mountains of Alberta to conduct a safety audit on a ski resort, he runs into a completely different animal than the twins he's in love with. The massive crows he spies upon his arrival aren't exactly human, and it seems they have a cautionary tale about a group of men who would destroy the Stoddards without a care. Oliver isn't sure what to believe, until he gets a phone call from Marsh telling him Bay has gone missing. Oliver must find the strength inside himself to fight for the two men he can't live without.

Excerpt:
This e-book file contains sexually explicit scenes and adult language which some may find offensive and which is not appropriate for a young audience. Changeling Press E-Books are for sale to adults, only, as defined by the laws of the country in which you made your purchase. Please store your files wisely, where they cannot be accessed by under-aged readers.

The sound of Oliver's cell phone ringing interrupted whatever Jack was about to say. Oliver quickly answered it, recognizing the ring. "Hello?"
"Hey, baby. You get in all right?"
"Bay! How did you know we were here already?" He smiled as he always did whenever he heard one of his men. He still had moments where he wondered what they were doing with him, but the twins were slowly convincing him he was worth their love. He had to pinch himself some days to prove he was awake and this was really happening.
They'd been together for well over half a year now, and they were more in love with each other every day. He had to stop himself before he started getting all mushy, but life was pretty danged good right now. He was almost afraid, actually. Things were nearly too good. His inner cynic was currently waiting for the other shoe to drop.
"Well, I could say that I'm just a genius and know everything..."
Oliver shook his head. "Yeah, but then I wouldn't believe you."
"How 'bout I know how long it takes to drive up through the mountains to Crowfoot?"
"That, I'll believe. How're things? You and Marsh ready to go out and work the ranch this morning?"
"We've been up and working for a few hours now, lazy bones."
"Hey! I'm not lazy. I've been driving for hours, stuck with Jack in a truck."
"How's he doing? He coming to the office Christmas party? I'd love to meet him in person."
Yeah, Oliver still wasn't sure what to do about the Christmas party. He had one every year for his staff and contractors, but this would be the first time he'd actually bring a date. By now all his employees knew he was gay and dating a man, but they didn't know he was actually dating two men. He was grateful they seemed not to have a problem with his sexual orientation, but still... It was one thing to be open minded and another thing entirely to be that open-minded. Oliver had already bitten the bullet and asked both Marsh and Bay to come to the party.
He was planning on introducing just one of the men as his boyfriend, but he wasn't sure what to do about the other. They'd had this conversation before, and both men claimed they understood why he couldn't openly date both of them, but it made Oliver's chest ache to virtually deny one of his men.
Turning back to the conversation at hand, Oliver wrinkled his nose. "I asked him, and I think he's going to make it." Glancing over at an openly eavesdropping Jack, he grinned. "Although, I may have to rescind the invite. He's being just a bit too forward."
Predictably, Jack placed a hand over his chest. "You wound me, Boss Man, wound me."
Oliver was pleased to note he didn't look any different than before. Oliver was still self-conscious about doing something with his men in front of other people. Gay marriage might be completely legal in Calgary and the pride scene alive and well, but there were still a few individuals who weren't exactly supportive.
Laughing, Oliver turned to the side, trying to make their conversation just a bit more private. "I miss you already."
"Really? I miss you, too. I'm standing here thinking about you. Getting hard, actually. Just hear the sound of your voice, and I want to do all sorts of naughty things with you. I can't wait to get my hands on you again, bend you over and ream your ass like I'm dying to right now." Bay growled, the sound making Oliver's nerve endings stand up and pay attention.
Oh, they couldn't do this now. Could they? Oliver risked a quick glance at Jack, seeing the man looking off to the side. Obviously trying to give him some privacy now, but Oliver still couldn't have this conversation in front of him.
"Give me a second here, Jack."
Jack twisted, waving a hand. "No problem. I just want to breathe in this air. Take your time. We're a bit early anyway."
Oliver crawled back into the truck, closing the door with a snap. "You're an evil, evil man, Bayard."
Soft laughter was his only answer.
"You can't say things like that and not expect me to retaliate after all." Oliver smiled despite himself, turning his back to where Jack was standing outside.
"Is that so?"
"Mmm. Did you know when you say things like that, I get the most insatiable urge to find a nice quiet place and play with myself? Run my fingers up and down my dick, cup my balls. Soft. Gentle. Just waiting for a firmer touch to come and show me what I need."
"Baby..."
"No, no, you started this." Oliver grinned. "Now I'm sitting here with a hard-on that's dying for more. I wonder if Jack would mind if I just sit in here for a while and think of you and Marshall while I jerk off."
"Shit, Ollie," Bay moaned.

No comments:

Post a Comment