Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Interview with Detective O'Grady, homicide detective and star of Blood Hunter


border-style: solid;border-width: 0pt;I'd like you all to help me welcome Detective O'Grady to TRS.


Me: Thank you for joining us today, Detective O'Grady. Some background, you've been in homicide for almost ten years?
Grady: That's right and before that major crimes. I joined the force right out of school. Been a cop for nearly thirty years.
Me: Wow, that's a long time. Is it all right if I ask a few personal questions?
Grady: Depends on how personal, but go ahead. Ask.

Me: Your name is Pasquale O'Grady? That's a rather unusual name.
(chuckling)
Grady: My mother's Italian. She named me for her grandfather. On my dad's side, I'm third generation Irish American cop.

Me: So can I call you Patsy or Patty?
Grady: Not if you want to keep all your teeth.

Me: Oh, is that why you go by Grady?
Grady: Yeah, I'm nobodies patsy and too many Pats in the family already, both men and women. My mother calls me Patsy, that's the Italian nick name but no one else.

Me: Says here you have three kids, two daughters and a son. Divorced for ten years.
Grady: Yup, I warned her before we married I'd never wanted to be anything but a cop. She decided she wanted a husband with a bigger bank account and Sundays off. (he shrugs)

Me: So any girlfriends?
Grady: Depends on your definition of girlfriend. ( snickering) I have a feeling she would smack me for calling her that.

Me: Ah, the vampire, right?
Grady: (snorts) No such thing as vampires. But her brother writes that kind of romance so she helps promote his work by playing the part of badass in black.

Me: So let's pretend for a moment, they really are vampires. Do you consider yourselves a couple?
Grady: It's not like we're dating or anything. We just, ah, spend a lot of quality time together. According to the vampire code, they don't date mortals. We're toys or pets at best.

Me: That sucks, pun intended.
Grady: I couldn't agree more. They call us blood slaves, but frankly, that's kind like calling me Pasty.

Me: Any wanna be vampires missing their fangs?
Grady: (laughing) Not yet. But I did shoot my partner over it. Just scratched her really.

Me: Wow, that must have made her angry. Isn't it dangerous to anger someone so powerful?
Grady: (with a wicked grin) Dangerously sexy.

Me: Care to explain?
Grady: Not really. A gentleman never kisses and tells. (winks suggestively)

Me: Well. OK then. So tell me more about these Blood Hunters.
Grady: Who?

Me: That group your Captain belongs to, the vampire hunters?
Grady: I have no idea what you are talking about. (looks at watch) It's been nice but I need to get going. Bad guys to catch, asses to kick, you know.

Me: (smiling) In a hurry to get back to your master?
Grady: (scowling) I don't have a master. But I do have a partner expecting me. We've got work to do.

Me: Ah, so you're rushing off to meet Detective Jane Smith?
Grady: (gives me the cop stare) Smitty is still my partner.

Me: But that's not who your anxious to see is it, Detective?
Grady: (Stands and gives me a smug smile) I'm not at liberty to discuss that.

Me: Any chance I can get an interview with your other partner, Segrun?
Grady: Not if you want to publish what you write. (laughs)
(Door opens and a tall, leggy blond woman, shorter pale blond woman and the sexiest, bald headed black man ever, enter.)
Grady: Well, maybe you'll get that interview after all. The tall blond is Segrun, the pale one is Eira and the bald guy is Nate.

Me: Oh my. Is he a cover model?
Segrun: (snort) Don't feed his already oversize ego. The man thinks he's God's gift to the universe as it is.

Me: (snicker) Don't you mean God's gift to women?
Eira: (laughs) He's not that picky. If it has a pulse he's interested.
Nate: (in nice southern drawl) Now that's just mean, Eira. I prefer to think of it as not bein' prejudiced. (Takes my hand and kisses the back) And you, darlin' are simply to luscious to ignore.

Me: (I stare into light green eyes surrounded by cafe-au-lait skin) Oh, ah, thank you.
Nate: Now you know this is all just a publicity stunt. No such thing as vampires, darlin'.

Me: (vacantly) No such thing as vampires, no such thing as vampires...
Viking Seduction 2: Blood Hunter coming soon to Changeling press
Brannan Black
Epic Romances, Fantastic Fantasies of the Paranormal kind
Viking Seduction 2: Blood Hunter Boytoy for a sexy blond vampire? No way. This cop has a job: find his daughter, hunt vamps...
Viking Seduction 1: Blood Slave It's the twenty-first century. Who keeps slaves anymore? Other than really, really old vampires...
The Wild One, Eireann's Tale Enslaved but not cowed, Eireann would rather die than submit to the Northman determined to tame her.
Wolfman Apocalypse "Captured by vicious wolfmen, I expected a quick death. Or a slow painful one. They had other ideas."
Soul Bound "I sought only a warm meal. I found predators on the hunt, and I their chosen prey."
Soul Seer: Aftermath, a free read
EpicRomances.com
Brannan's Fantasies, blog

Friend me on face book, Brannan Black

__._,_.___

No comments:

Post a Comment