Saturday, August 17, 2013

The Saturday Book Diver Interviews Petra from Sizzled by Declan Sands

Good morning and welcome to the Saturday Book Diver where every weekend I dive into fictional worlds to bring you interviews with intriguing and sexy characters.

This morning I’m visiting the world of Sizzled. At the moment I’m in the gardens under the fairy mound, where the air smells like flowers. High above my head is a glass dome with strange figures etched into it. I was told that the symbols are protections against humans and shifters. On one side a waterfall trickles merrily down rock and the sound of fairy wings is a near constant buzz on the air.

I’m waiting to speak to police detective Petra Kline. A tall, well-built woman whose brown hair is cut into a shoulder-length bob with bangs approaches. It’s Petra. She introduces herself and shakes my hand. When she speaks to me, she holds my gaze, her wide green eyes unfaltering. I can tell she’s not a woman to be trifled with.

SBD: Hello, Petra. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to talk to me. I know you must have a lot on your plate, being a police detective. Would you tell us a little about your life?

Petra:  My life is pretty much like everybody else’s life…well, except for the fact that I’m dating a Great Dane shifter. [she frowns slightly] Yeah, I guess that’s pretty different, actually. But other than that I’m just like a million other women. I love French fries but they make my ass wide and I struggle every day to prove myself in a male-dominated world.

A Great Dane shifter? That’s a surprise even to me. I can’t wait to ask her more about him!

SBD: What’s it like being a human in a world of shifters?

Petra: Wonderful. Frustrating. I mean, these guys are magical creatures from other planets. It’s really cool. And… [she leans closer, lowers her voice] …there’s naked gun fighting and stuff. [waggles brows] But it’s frustrating because I can’t tell anybody about them. They’re like a super-society that has to stay a secret.

SBD: How would you describe your relationship with Littlejohn?

Petra: It’s incredible. He’s a little controlling, but sexy as hell. We had this great rapport going before we became a couple and that hasn’t changed. We’re really good together, and the sex is phenomenal. The only time we fight is when he tries to go alpha on me. I’m nobody’s damn beta bitch!

SBD: If you had to describe Littlejohn in three words, what would they be?

Petra: Sexy, overprotective, private.

SBD: What’s one thing you now know about Littlejohn that you wish you knew when you first met him?

Petra: He loves dogs. Actually, he is one. I guess I’d like to have known that too. LOL He was so serious and “by the book” when we met. I wasn’t even sure I liked him at first.

SBD: Would you share one of your favorite excerpts from SIZZLED?

Petra: Absolutely! Here goes…

Petra had been struggling with her feelings for weeks. She wanted him, badly, but she wasn’t sure if he felt the same so she’d been waiting for him to make the first move. Despite her hope that he would take things into his own hands, his procrastination had just about pushed her to the point of grabbing him and flinging him to the ground to have her way.

But in that moment his intention seemed clear, his need even clearer. It pressed long and hard against her belly. His hand slipped from her waist to slide across her buttocks and Petra sucked in a soft breath. His head dropped closer, she rose on her tiptoes, and finally…his lips found hers.

Her heart leapt in her chest. Her lungs filled with his essence and her hands skimmed hungrily across his exposed skin. Petra’s fingers slid over his smooth, hot flesh as if memorizing him with her touch. She opened her lips and his tongue speared through, his taste searing across her senses and making her pussy tighten with need.

All thought of weakness fled her. His touch, his taste, the feel of him against her skin, infused her with strength and hunger and a sense of ravening need. She suddenly couldn’t get close enough to him. Her hands found his perfect, round buttocks and pulled him closer. Her leg lifted to wrap around his thighs and she arched her mons against him, rubbing against the ridge of rock-hard flesh beneath his boxers.

Littlejohn groaned against her lips, his mouth taking hers with crushing, desperate force as he deepened the kiss. A low growl throbbed in his throat and the sound sent a thrill spearing through her. Petra’s belly tightened under a wave of pure lust. She broke the kiss, grabbing his chin with one hand. “Make love to me, Ralph. Right here, right now.”

He held her gaze for a moment, as if trying to judge the sincerity of her offer. His eyes held a fevered light. If he was uncertain about taking that next, big step he didn’t let it stop him. He inclined his head, a smile tugging at the corners of his lips, and his big hands started tugging on the flimsy silk of her panties. “I’ve wanted this for too long, Pet. It won’t be gentle or sweet.”

She stepped out of the useless scrap and captured his sexy bottom lip between her teeth, biting hard enough to make him moan. “Good. I don’t want gentle, I want you to fuck me until I can’t breathe.”

After that excerpt, I’m not sure I can breathe. Talk about sexy!

Petra has just received a call and needs to get back on duty, but the timing is perfect because I don’t have much longer in this world before the book diver magic calls me away.

If you want to finds out what happens to Petra and Littlejohn as much as I do, check out

SIZZLED by Declan Sands:



No comments:

Post a Comment