Sunday, January 27, 2013

Saturday Book Diver Interviews Nick from Soul Debt: Paid in Full


 
Hello and welcome to the Saturday Book Diver! Every weekend I dive into fictional worlds to bring you interviews with a variety of sexy and intriguing characters.
 
Today I’m talking to Nick from Soul Debt: Paid in Full. At the moment I’m standing outside the book shop where he works. Nick requested that I meet him after hours, so it’s pretty dark right now.

I’ve been told that Nick has recently made a deal that has changed his entire life and he did it for love.

Glancing through the book shop window, I notice movement. It’s the shadow of what appears to be a man, except he has. . .I can’t say I was expecting this.

The door opens and I find myself staring into the face of a very unusual man. Nick grins and the dimple deepens in his cheek. His black hair flops over his brow and his eyes sparkle, but there’s something different about him. Maybe I imagined him taller? He’s got to be about six feet tall. Still, I’m not sure. Ah yes, the horns! The voice is the same as the person I made contact with, however. It’s Nick. He invites me in and guides me through the dark shop to the cafe area where a dim lamp rests on a table.

I make eye contact with Nick and try not to stare at his horns. With all the characters I’ve met, very little surprises me, but every now and then I find someone like Nick.
 
SBD: Thank you for meeting with me, Nick. I’d like readers to get to know you with a few basics. Where are you from? How long have you been working here at the book store and does your unusual appearance cause any issues with the customers?
 
Nick:
 I’m from Kent, Ohio. Born and raised there. Went to good old KSU for college. I liked hanging out at the library and the ease of getting around Kent. Everything is more or less within walking distance. I stay fit and don’t leave a carbon footprint. I started at the bookstore about four years ago. It’s not exciting, but it’s something to do that keeps me around bookswhich I loveand lets me play with figureswhat I’m good at. I do the books for the bookstore. Sounds silly when I say it that way, but it’s true. As for my appearance, I can lay low in the backroom running the numbers or I can just wear a hat. If I keep it low enough, the hat covers the horns nicely. I’m not much of a hat guy, but I don’t like people staring at me.

[Now that I know how he feels, I try not to look at his horns. Nick has a friendly personality and I find myself at ease around him.]

SBD: What about your personal life? Do you have someone special?

Nick: There is this one guyAntonio. Let’s just say the guy puts the David to shame. He’s like a living statue, all perfect muscle and GQ styled. The opposite of me. He’s got class where I just sort of hang out. He works with me here at the bookstore. Makes for some strange glances and lots of moments where I need to duck behind the shelves or embarrass myself. He knows I exist and that I like him. I’m shy when feelings are involved. How he feels about me is still up in the air, but that’s okay. I don’t expect miracles.

[I can’t imagine Antonio not liking Nick.]

SBD: It sounds to me like you’re very much in love. I’d like to talk about the deal. Exactly what kind of deal did you make?
 
Nick:
 I am in love with him. Silly, but true. And you asked me about the deal. Yeah. That’s another embarrassing thing. Okay, I’m not one for one-nighters. I’m not big on casual. Why? You just never know. But this guy. Holy crap. Hot, tall, fiery eyes... and he knew my neighbors, the twins. Adam and Alex run with a rough crowd, but they’re nice guys. They sort of set me up. Anyway, I didn’t know at the time the guy was the Devil. I mean THE Devil. Anyway, in return for some wango-tango-ing against the wall, I made a deal to get a boyfriend. Not the brightest move, but I did it. In return, I got these nifty horns. Yeah, bad Nicky. Bad.

SBD:
Now that you’ve made the deal, how do you feel about it? Would you recommend this kind of arrangement to others?

Nick:  Depends. Part of me is happy. Obviously the part that got to have a good time. He appreciates the attention. But part of me wishes I’d have left well enough alone. I have horns. Horns! People look at me like I’m a freak. It’s not fun. But if I end up with Antonio for more than a couple of rolls in the hay yeah, I really like him a lot and don’t want to be dumped because of a stupid dealthen it will be worth it.

SBD: What’s Antonio’s strongest quality?

Nick: He’s smart and funny. Okay, that’s two, but he is. He pays attention to me when just about everyone else ignores me and he listens when I’ve got issues. You don’t find that oftena good listener who is hot on the inside and out.
 
 
SBD: I can’t argue with that. I’m just about out of time here. Unfortunately the Book Diver magic doesn’t last long. Before I go, is there anything you’d like to add?
 
Nick:
Aw. I thought it lasted forever. Grin. What would I like to add? Hmm. If you’re going to do something, do it for love. And if you’re going to do it, do it because you want to, not because you had to due to a deal. If I’d have just worked up the nerve to tell Antonio how I felt, I might not have these stupid horns. Then again, I might not have him. Who knows? But that’s what I wanted to add.  

SBD: That’s good advice. Would you give us your favorite except from Soul Debt: Paid in Full?

Nick: This is my favorite part. When I first got the nerve, so to speak, to do more than talk to Antonio.

“Hi Nicky.”

I didn’t have to turn around to know who spoke. “Antonio.”

“Thought I’d run over to McIntosh’s t get some lunch, you game?” He folded his arms, bringing attention to the corded muscle. “You’ll have to lose the hat. They’ve got that dress code in place.”

I touched the brim of the hat. When I looked at my horns during my break, they’d grown. Each little horn stood an inch tall. Not much, but definitely visible through my hair. 

“I’m not hungry.” I pulled the hat down a little lower. “Thanks anyway.”

“Are you trying to avoid me?” He touched my hand. “Nicky?”

“No.”

“Feels like it. We do lunch every Thursday. Want to go somewhere else?”

“No.” Saying I had devil horns growing out of my head wasn’t going to work as an answer either.

Antonio crowded me against the brick wall of the building. He flattened his hands on either side of my head. Instead of the sparkle in his eyes, something else sizzled. I shivered. I’m a good submissive and I definitely got dominant vibes from him.
“I’ve waited a long time. I like you, Nicky. I’m not going to let you slip away again.” He lowered his head, his mouth brushing over mine. I expected something hard and possessive to match the predatory look in his eyes. I relaxed in his embrace and opened to him.

His whiskers brushed my lips and his tongue swiped against mine. Heaven. Being in his arms felt like pure bliss. He curled one arm around my waist and held me tight to his groin. His cock, jutted out at me, despite the layers of clothing between us.

Antonio swallowed my groan and anchored one leg between mine. I rode his thigh and clutched his arms. I didn’t want the moment to end.

He broke the kiss and stared down at me. I never noticed the amber flecks in his eyes before that moment or the beautiful pink streaked across his cheeks.

“That,” he puffed, “is to remind you what I want to do later.”

“Yeah.” I didn’t have a better response. Antonio bobbed his leg between mine. I rode his thigh and pressed my lips together to suppress the moan. Too much more of this and I’d go off like a rocket. “You’re the Devil.”

I wasn’t sure where the words had come from, but somewhere in the back of my mind I believed them.

“I can be.” He wriggled his brows and swooped in for another kiss. This time he bit my bottom lip and pinned me between his body and the wall. My balls tingled.

“Take me,” I panted. I didn’t care who watched. I needed him. Now. I moved my hands and unbuttoned his pants. He groaned when I curled my fingers around his underwear covered cock.

Wow! I think I need to find an all-night convenience store and get a cold drink after that one!

Nick walks me to the front door of the shop and lets me out. I step onto the sidewalk and glance over my shoulder. Nick is watching me through the glass, then he turns and disappears into the darkness.

I’m left wanting to know more about a man who made a deal with the devil for the love of his boyfriend. You want to know more as well? Our curiosity can be satisfied with Soul Debt: Paid in Full by Megan Slayer.


No comments:

Post a Comment