Ingredients (serves two)
- 24 large raw, peeled and deveined shrimp
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- zest from two limes
- juice from two limes (about 4 tablespoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 8 strips thing bacon, cut in thirds to make 24 pieces
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, lime zest, lime juice, and chipotle powder, mix.
- Put the shrimp in the lime chipotle mixture, make sure each piece is well-coated.
- Spread bacon pieces out over paper towel on a microwave safe plate and microwave on high until the bacon fat begins to render, but the bacon is still pliable, about 1 1/2 minutes
- Preheat oven to 450F
- Wrap a piece of bacon around each shrimp, use the toothpick to secure the bacon on the shrimp
- Place bacon-wrapped shrimp on a slotted baking pan lined with foil inside for easy cleaning
- Brush remaining lime chipotle mixture on the bacon-wrapped shrimp
- Bake for 10-14 minutes until bacon is crisp and shrimp is pink
It tastes great accompanied by Jasmine or Basmati rice.
Rose and Thorne are from the Rose and Thorne series.
smut fixes everything