Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sex and Chocolate: Chocolate Covered Cheri by Marteeka Karland




Sex and Chocolate: Chocolate Covered Cheri
by Marteeka Karland

Cover art by Marteeka Karland
ISBN: 978-1-60521-288-3
Genre(s): The Fetish Club
Theme(s): BBW
Series: Sex and Chocolate
Length: Novella



Blurb:
Jedadiah Blackheart has had one thing on his mind since the company Christmas party and that's getting his assistant, Cheri Dodson, armpit deep in a vat of chocolate so he can lick it all off. When his company lands the Choco Chocolate campaign, Jedadiah finds a way to live out his ultimate fantasy.
Cheri knows Jedadiah is up to something when she sees his inner sanctum turned into a chocolate lover's paradise. And she's sure whatever it is, it's certainly no good for her.
Or is it?
Sex and chocolate is always a good thing.

Excerpt:
Sex and Chocolate: Chocolate Covered Cheri
Marteeka Karland
All rights reserved.
Copyright ©2009 Marteeka Karland
This e-book file contains sexually explicit scenes and adult language which some may find offensive and which is not appropriate for a young audience. Changeling Press E-Books are for sale to adults, only, as defined by the laws of the country in which you made your purchase. Please store your files wisely, where they cannot be accessed by under-aged readers.

"Well, I'm here. What's so urgent that you felt the need to bellow my name across the whole damned office?"
Jedadiah didn't turn to face her, but kept looking out the window, like Zeus looking down from Mount Olympus. Cheri just bet he saw himself that way, too. "Tell me again why I keep you around? You're certainly not very good at taking orders, and that mouth of yours is just a little too smart for my liking."
Cheri didn't hesitate with her reply. "You keep me around because no one else with my skill and experience will put up with you."
"And what is it, exactly, that you do around here?" Still, he never turned to face her. She really hated it when he did that. It made her feel like it was beneath him to acknowledge her presence by actually making eye contact. He seemed to only do it with her. Probably because she was the only woman around the office impervious to his charms, for which she was exceedingly grateful.
"I run your life, Mr. Blackheart." He did turn around then, a startled expression on his face that was quickly replaced by one of annoyance.
"You do not."
"Of course I do. The last time I went on vacation, I came back to find you'd double- and triple-booked yourself."
He narrowed his eyes at her. Not a good sign. That usually meant he wanted her to do something she wasn't going to like at all. The last time he got that look, she ended up on the auction block in a charity auction in his place.
"You shouldn't go on vacations if you don't like cleaning up the mess you left for me when you went. Now. I have something I need you to do. I've been working on the Choco Chocolate campaign myself."
Cheri raised her eyebrow. That explained a lot. "Why in the world would you do that? That campaign is nothing to a company this big. Why go through the headache of running it?"
"Because I miss the grunt work." He pulled his chair out and sat down, propping his elbows on his desk and lacing his fingers to look over them at her. "This has been a fun project, and I've enjoyed every second of it, but it's time to put my ideas into action. I need you to help me with that."
"Why do I feel a nightmare coming on?"
"I want you to help me with the commercial."
"What in the world could I possibly contribute to something like that? I know absolutely nothing about advertising. I make sure you are where you're supposed to be and make sure you send flowers to your mother on Mother's Day. I do not do advertising."
There was that evil smile she'd been dreading. Whatever he had planned, she knew it wouldn't be pleasant for her.
"I don't want you to help me come up with a concept for the commercial. That's already done. I want you to be in the commercial."
That startled her. "Me? I know as much about acting as I do about advertising." She picked up her phone and the little keyboard. "I think you need someone with different talents than I possess. I'm sure with some careful screening you'll find the right person."
"You don't understand, Cheri. I insist. Be here tomorrow at six a.m. Wear something casual."
"You can't be serious." This could not be happening. No fucking way. The only time Cheri had done any acting was in the seventh grade, and she'd thrown up all over Billy Grigsby right before they went on stage. She hadn't been able to say a word and had run away sobbing.
"I'm very serious."
"Oh, no. Absolutely not. Not under any circumstances." Cheri was starting to feel a panic attack coming on.
"Why? You're not afraid, are you? Little miss 'I'm-Not-Afraid-Of-The-Big-Bad-Wolf' couldn't possibly be camera shy."
Cheri cringed. It was bad enough he knew what the entire office called him behind his back, but he was taunting her. He knew her too well. There was absolutely no way she could show weakness in front of him, and he knew it. He was manipulating her just like she did him. God, she hated him!
"Damned man," she muttered and stood up, stomping toward the door.
"Don't be late," he called after her. As she closed the door behind her -- a little more firmly than strictly necessary -- she heard a sound she hadn't heard from him before. It sounded like chuckling, but she couldn't be sure. She hadn't known he was capable of such a sound.
Don't be late? Hell! No way she was showing up to begin with. Being in a commercial was not part of her job description.
Glancing at her watch, she dodged questions from Gillian and a couple of other secretaries, grabbed her purse out of her bottom desk drawer, then headed out. She needed a massage. If the Big Bad Wolf wanted to fire her, so be it. She was taking the afternoon off.
Truth was, she was terrified. Not so much of falling on her face in front of strangers. She was afraid of falling on her face in front of Jedadiah Blackheart. Cheri had always thought of herself as having the upper hand on him -- even if he was the boss -- but looking like a fool on the set of his pet project would seriously compromise her position with him. He'd forever see her as a bumbling fool, and she couldn't live with that. He'd make her miserable.
Deciding not to worry about it, she called to see if she could get in to see her favorite masseuse. She definitely needed some de-stressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment