Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Time Management (or lack thereof) by Anne Kane

Is it just me or did the days get shorter somewhere along the line? I know that theoretically, there are twenty four hours in a day. What I don't get is where it all goes. Seriously. I need at least six more hours in a day. Or if possible, could we just squeeze a new day in the middle somewhere?

I realize this is all my own fault. I just have too much to do. I have always worked full time but since I became a partner at the EVD  (evil day job) that I work at this spring, it's been at least fifty hours a week. On top of that, I belong to two choirs, I'm a member of the local Toastmaster's club, I sit on one Board of Directors, I'm on one Finance Committee and I do some volunteer work in the community. I spend at least one afternoon a week with my grandkids.(Looking at life from their point of view is what keeps me sane.) I also have a Jack Russell which means I go for two long walks each day, and toss a tennis ball numerous times. And I have to keep writing or my muse gets reallly bitchy!

So you see my problem. I need less hobbies. Or maybe I can win a lottery and quit working. (I'm not holding my breath on that one!) I've seriously tried to decide what to give up, but I love it all so much that I just can't bring myself to say no to anything. So here's my plan. I'm going to ignore the housework, and eventually the dust bunnies will be big enough to do all the cooking and cleaning for me. Brillliant, right?

 

I'll let you know how it goes...


Anne Kane

www.AnneKane.com

No comments:

Post a Comment