Saturday, July 13, 2013

The Saturday Book Diver Interviews Eric from the Dark Reign Series by Mychael Black

Welcome to the Saturday Book Diver where every weekend we dive into fictional worlds for interviews with intriguing characters.

It’s just after midnight, so technically it’s the morning but still dark enough for me to meet with the man I’m interviewing.

Eric Salvatore is a vampire-werewolf hybrid and I have to say it’s an incredible combination. He has long black hair and some very sexy facial scruff. He’s standing by a big picture window here in the office of his pack’s Alpha. He turns to me with his penetrating amber eyes and gestures for me to take a seat in one of the two plush chairs. Then he settles into the chair behind the desk. Even though he’s not the pack Alpha, he exudes power.

Still held captive by those amber eyes, I begin the interview.

SBD: Eric, thank you for talking to us today. What is it like to be both a vampire and a werewolf?

Eric:  Thank you for coming by so late. As for your question, in a nutshell: terrifying. I've always been an outcast because of it, even though I was never given a choice. Beyond that, however, I possess more abilities than my fellow wolves and vampires. Aside from grievous wounds, I heal faster than both species.

SBD: [Glancing at the sword and dagger Eric carries at his hips.] I notice you have some serious weapons. Is it usual for people to carry them around here?

Eric: No, it is not. You would be hard pressed to find another sword anywhere in this house. Wolves kill with their claws and teeth, but before Daniel came along, no one knew I was a wolf. Everyone assumed I was simply just another vampire. Decapitation is the best way to kill one of us.

SBD: I’ve heard a man named Daniel Hughes has been living under the protection of your pack. What can you tell us about him?

Eric: Daniel has been here far longer than myself. He's kind and a bit of a romantic, though he may not readily admit it. And he makes a mean Screwdriver.

SBD: It sounds like he’s a fascinating guy and the two of you are quite close. How close?

Eric: Inseparable. He is my mate. When I first met him, I knew exactly what he was to me. He seemed a bit...reticent in pursuing anything, but my wolf would not be denied. Daniel is the sole reason I am here, where before, I had little reason to go on.

SBD: If you had to describe Daniel in just three words, what would they be?

Eric: Gorgeous, hardworking, loyal.

SBD: Would you share one of your favorite excerpts from Fight or Flight?

Eric:

The front gates opened as I neared them and the guard waved. I ran around back and skidded to a stop. There was someone outside, all right: Eric. Shirtless, coatless. Swinging his sword against an invisible foe. I sat down hard and watched in fascination as the vampire spun and parried, dancing like he weighed no more than a feather. Moonlight reflected off the steel blade and the sheen of sweat covering Eric’s muscles.

My God, the man was perfection.

My heart started pounding, and my cock began to take notice. I had to get inside or risk blowing my cover from where I hid behind a bush. Eric’s graceful sparring didn’t help matters in the least. I wanted to lick the sweat from his pale skin.

He pivoted and froze, sword point aimed directly toward me. The sword lowered, and he inclined his head in what I assumed was a greeting. If I left the bush now, there’d be no hiding the erection. A werewolf’s dick was larger than a normal dog’s… or a man’s.

Eric smirked and gestured toward the house. Then he went over and opened the door for me. I tried thinking about anything but that expanse of slick flesh tempting me. Praying he didn’t notice anything, I bolted from my hiding spot and hauled my furry ass into the house. His laughter followed me all the way to my room. I shifted outside my room and darted inside, closing the door behind me.

Then I fell back against it, panting and hard as a rock. So much for thinking it away. I closed my eyes and struggled to control my breathing. Never had a man gotten me so worked up. Time to drag out my trunk of toys. I went to my closet and pulled the wooden box to the bed. When I opened it, I couldn’t help but lick my lips. Cocks, plugs, a set of sounds, vibrators -- it all called to me, begging for a bit of playtime. I grabbed the lube from the bedside table and rummaged until I found a flesh-colored dildo as thick as my wrist. I hadn’t used it in a while, and the slight burn felt amazing.

Just as I scooted back onto the bed, legs splayed open, the air in the room changed. My breath caught. No. No, no, no…

A great excerpt, but it’s not enough for me. I want to know the rest of their story. Unfortunately, the book diver magic is calling me and I need to leave this world, but I can hardly wait to find out what happens to Eric and Daniel.

To see how their story turns out, visit

Fight or Flight


No comments:

Post a Comment