Saturday, July 20, 2013

The Saturday Book Diver Interviews Max Winters from Her Sexy Side by Ayla Ruse

Good morning! Welcome to the Saturday Book Diver! Every weekend I dive into fictional worlds to bring you interviews with sexy and exciting characters.

Today I’m talking to Max Winters, a visual artist. Max has invited me to his home and at the moment we’re seated in his office. He offers me a comfortable chair and while he settles into his own, I glance around the room. The walls are covered with various artwork. I ask if they’re his and he tells me that some are, but others have been done by other artists.

Max is a tall, handsome man with a lean body that reminds me of a swimmer or runner. He stares at me with calm brown eyes, waiting for the interview to begin.

SBD: Thank you for agreeing to this interview, Max. What made you become an artist?

Max:  I don’t think anything made me become an artist; it’s always been a part of me. My Grandmother was a terrific artist. Very gifted. I…well, you could say I inherited her special gift. 

SBD: I understand you have a young son. Would you tell us a bit about him?

Max: [Smiles] Raymond. Yes. He’s amazing. He’s six years old but I swear, sometimes he makes me think he’s sixteen. Some people would say I’m overprotective, but he’s my life. I wouldn’t know what to do without him. Being a widow and raising a son alone can be difficult, but if that’s what life has in store for me, I have no complaints.

SBD: It sounds like you’re a dedicated Dad and that’s great. I’ve heard that one of Max’s teachers, Kiera Long, is a special lady. How would you describe Kiera?

Max: Kiera is…she’s pure light, and pure sexiness beneath the conservative clothes she wears. Words like sweet and kind and understanding are not deep enough, rich enough, to touch on all that she is. I’ll confess, I’ve wanted to get to know her for a couple years now, but the timing is always wrong. We’ve had parent-teacher conferences, you know, the standard meetings, but our discussions are about Raymond. I’ve been burnt in love before, and it’s risky to open up, especially to someone like her.  

It’s obvious he feels a lot for Kiera and I can’t help wondering if she knows how lucky she is.

SBD: It sounds like she would make a fascinating subject for an artist. Have you ever sketched her?

Max: [He rubs his hand over his face and glances away.] Have I ever sketched her? [another long pause] This interview stays behind adult content warnings, right? Because I can tell you, Kiera would not have a thing to do with anything adult content. [waits for SBD to nod] Good. Then yes, I’ve sketched her. Hell, I can’t get her out of my mind. I have pages of Kiera, all in my notebook right here. [He reaches over and taps a leather bound folder on the desk behind him.]

SBD: Can I see some of them?

Max: Well now, no. I don’t mean to be rude, but, I’m going to let you in on a secret few people know. Sometimes, when I truly want something, my desires become a part of what I sketch. And as much as I want Kiera, my wanting of her is poured into the drawings. If I were to show you one, [he shrugs] you might end up turned on beyond your wildest dreams.

SBD: No problem. I understand. Would you share one of your favorite excerpts from Her Sexy Side?

Max looked across his coffee table to where Kiera sat in one of the living room chairs and reflected on how great a night he’d had. They’d gone to dinner at a new Italian restaurant and stayed for coffee and dessert before he’d gone out on a limb and invited her back to his place. His son was enjoying a rare sleepover, spending the night at his grandparents’ house, and Max hadn’t been ready to leave Kiera’s company.

His gaze darted to the hallway over her shoulder and he sighed silently. Maybe in the back of his mind he’d invited her in, hoping for more, but he knew his chances were slim.

One day he hoped to lead her to his bedroom. With her being as conservative as she seemed, though, he knew it’d be a while before they’d take that step. He had no problem with waiting. Hell, he’d wanted her for nearly two years. Only now, having her here, the temptation was all that much stronger.

Max flexed the fingers of his left hand, his drawing hand, the hand that could pour his burdensome gift of influence into anything he drew. He wanted Kiera, all right, but he wanted her to come to him willingly, on her own and not because he’d forced her with his pictures.

As they continued to talk, his thoughts kept trailing to her outfit and what she’d look like beneath the black, fitted, long-sleeved shirt. He couldn’t help it. She was gorgeous. The ends of the scarf at her neck teased over her full breasts, and a long, straight skirt in a black-and-white pattern led his eye to her small, heeled boots. Despite how amazing she looked, he knew she wasn’t a vixen. Her dress, her speech and her attitude screamed conservative, which normally turned him off. But Kiera made conservative look damn sexy. Or it could be his thoughts of what she’d look like beneath the clothes and of how she’d respond to being in his bed. All these thoughts had led to the pictures he’d drawn of her that she’d found in her classroom.

It’d also led to the picture he’d sketched on a scratch sheet of paper when she’d excused herself to go to the bathroom a few minutes ago. When she’d returned, he’d flipped it over and set his glass of water over it. These pictures were for his eyes only. Especially when they were so infused with his desires.

He shifted in his seat, his cock growing hard at his own fantasies. It was time to call it a night.

“I love that story, Kiera,” he said, leaning over to snag their glasses from the table while trying to will away his erection. “I have to tell you, I’m glad you accepted my date.”

“I’m glad you asked,” she responded, smiling in a way that made his toes curl. It wasn’t seductive or provocative, it was simply honest. He took a deep breath, hoped his cock behaved, stood quickly and walked around the couch.

“Are you ready for me to take you home?” Max carried their glasses to the kitchen, listening for her confirmation. It might be rude of him, but having her this close to his bed, this late at night, was beginning to wear on his control.

Her silence made him double back. “Kiera?” She jumped and turned as if he’d spooked her. “You okay?” he asked. “Ready to go?”

She stood slowly and never let her eyes fall from his. Max shifted, wondering why she wasn’t agreeing with him to take her home.

“I thought Raymond was staying with your parents tonight?” she asked.

He coughed lightly. “Um, yes. He is.” He stuck his hands in the pockets of his slacks and jiggled the car keys.

She smiled again, but this time the ends of her lips curled in a way that made her seem wicked all of a sudden. Damn. He fisted his hands to keep from dragging her close and kissing those teasing lips.

“You don’t have a curfew, do you?” she asked.

“Ah, no.” He puzzled at her abrupt change in attitude. She was all of a sudden acting like she wanted him to make a move on her. He’d been a fool to think coming to his place was a good idea.

“But Max,” she said slowly, her voice having dropped, “I’m not ready to leave.”

Their eyes met, held, and the next thing he knew, she flung herself toward him and kissed him clumsily, but with everything she had.

The excerpt has definitely roused my interest!

It’s about time for me to leave Max’s world. The Book Diver magic is ebbing, but as I go, I hope that Max and Kiera will find happiness together. If you want to see how their story turns out, check out

Her Sexy Side


No comments:

Post a Comment